1. Tell us a little bit about yourself: I am Robin McCracken, 53 year old Male, former AKA Region 7 Director I live in Denver Colorado, in the northeast 3 square mile appendage of Aurora, near Denver International Airport. Kiters with a “delayed flight” are invited to call me, I’m a few minutes away.
2. Why did you join the AKA? Having one central body to represent kitefliers of all types of kite flying as a hobby or sport is VERY important in my opinion. I first joined the AKA back in 1977 to connect with the world of Kitefliers. Robert Ingraham had recently passed the leadership of the AKA to Valerie Govig. A little later, the AKA and Kite Lines magazine were separate entities so I eventually had the magazine subscription but membership to AKA required rejoining. I renewed again in 2004 and served as Regional Director from 2011 to 2014 here in Colorado and Region 7
3. What is your favorite kite to fly? Deltas and Fighters
4. Where is your favorite place to fly? SAN DIEGO my Hometown! & Denver area parks if there’s wind
5. If you could fly with anyone dead or alive, who would it be, and what would you fly? Tyrus Wong, I didn’t make it back to L.A. to fly with him again, I’d anchor my kite down the beach and check out the workmanship of his Bird kites and how he rigged up his lines and bridles. Or fly fighters with Vic Heredia of Vic’s Fighter Kites, gotta get him flying again!
6. What is your favorite event or kite festival? Ocean Beach Kite Festival, my first kite festival !
7. You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What color would you be and why? Purple. My wife loves purple